Types Of Commercial Roofing – Azle TX
5 Types Of Commercial Roofing In Azle, TX
Know Your Options To Make The Best Choice
If you were to research commercial roofing in Azle, TX, you would find it more complex than simply stating, “I need a commercial roof.” There are several different types, all of which have pros and cons.
Understanding the different types of commercial roofing in the Tarrant County area will help you decide what kind of roof you want for your business. While a professional roofer can help quite a bit, it is always best to understand the pros and cons of each.
Let’s look at the various types of commercial roofing so you can start the educational journey!
1. Asphalt Commercial Roofing
Asphalt shingles are not just for residential homes. Several commercial buildings use this material on their roofs. The benefits of using asphalt on commercial buildings include:
- The least expensive roofing option out there
- Fairly easy to have commercial roof repair completed when needed
- Durable, as asphalt, when correctly cared for, can last longer than twenty years
The drawback to asphalt many commercial building owners find is the risk of shingles blowing away during significant windstorms. Plus, granule loss will always happen and can result in issues with your gutter system.
2. Commercial Metal Roofing
Metal commercial roofing is relatively common these days. It is a strong option with a long lifespan, which is one of the main reasons people opt for it. The benefits of metal roofing include:
- Durable and long-lasting
- Resistant to wind and fire when properly installed
- It is easy to maintain and requires very little work on your end
However, as with everything, there are drawbacks. Those with metal roofs often complain about the noise when storms roll through the area with large raindrops and hail pinging off the top. In addition, it is slightly more expensive than asphalt to install.
3. TPO Commercial Roofing Systems
TPO roofing is excellent for buildings with flat or low-sloped roofs. However, it is definitely not a roofing material you can install alone. The benefits of TPO roofing are:
- It is considered a good value as TPO is inexpensive to install
- Moderately durable as it often lasts from 15 to 20 years when cared for
- TPO is resistant to moisture, heat, dirt accumulation, and other outdoor elements
So, what are the drawbacks of TPO? It is not a roofing material that every business owner can use depending on the roof’s slope. In addition, it will not perform as well in cold climates compared to other types of commercial roofing.
4. PVC Commercial Roofing Systems
PVC commercial roofing is often considered interchangeable with TPO. It is a bit more expensive than TPO but functions in much the same way.
The benefits of PVC roofing include:
- Long lasting, as it is known to last 20 years or more
- It is resistant to fires and chemicals
- Works on any flat roof
However, remember that PVC has been known to crack when exposed to freezing temperatures. While this is not a massive concern in Azle, TX, it is something to keep in mind.
5. Modified Bitumen Commercial Roofing
Modified bitumen roofing is an older type of roofing that many businesses have gone away from, but some still rely on it. It offers benefits like:
- It is super flexible and is known to withstand punctures
- Easy to install on any flat roof
- Resistant to weathering
The drawbacks of modified bitumen roofing are the potential cracks and upkeep. Modified bitumen is not something you can just install and forget – it requires more regular maintenance than other types of commercial roofing.
Which Commercial Roofing Will Work For Your Building?
With all the various types of commercial roofing on the market, deciding which roofing material will work best for your building can be difficult. For those deciding on a roofing material, here are some tips you can follow:
- Consider your climate. Asphalt and metal are great options, no matter your environment. With our weather here in Azle, TX, you will find that just about any commercial roofing materials will work.
- What is your budget? Asphalt can be an excellent option for those with a minimal budget when considering its longevity.
- Choose a roofing material that will work with your type of roof. A flat commercial roof will hold up better with PVC, modified bitumen, or TPO. A roof with a slope will work best with asphalt or metal.
- Consider any building codes that may need to be followed or even codes related to the community in which your building resides.
- What material is the existing roof? In most cases, people often decide to go with what they already have as it has served them well. However, that does not mean you cannot change the material if you desire.
Your commercial roofing contractor will be able to go over your options with you and determine what would work best with the roof structure.
Free Quotes For Commercial Roofing In Azle, TX
If you need commercial roofing in Azle, TX, First Texas Roofing is here to make it happen. We offer several types of commercial roofing that will fit your needs.
Call us today at 817-821-0323 for a free quote!